Types of Gifts
The most common type of gift—and the easiest way for the monks to use your gift immediately—is an unrestricted outright gift. For donors in the US, we have established a 501 (c) (3) tax exempt organization called the Monks of NorciaFoundation. Its exclusive purpose is to support the monastery. If you are able to help us and are in the United States, please address your check to:
MONKS OF NORCIA FOUNDATION
P.O. Box 3748
Des Moines, IA 50323
There are also restricted gifts, for those who choose to support the monastery in a very specific way. Among the restricted funds are the following:
- The Basilica Fund (for liturgical services, music, vestments, etc.)
- The St. Bede Scholarship Fund (for monastic study and priestly formation)
- The Filial Piety Fund (for travel expenses for home visits)
- The Development Fund (for support of the Development Office and activities)
- The Nutritional and Health Management Fund (for support of the monastic kitchen, health insurance, and medicine)
- The Project (for support of the new Abbey, San Benedetto fuori le mura)
The Monastery is now accepting credit or debit card donations. Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover cards are accepted. The easiest way to make this donation is to contact our Director of Development in the USA at +1 (515) 974-4253.
Another way to assist the monastery is by making a planned gift. The easiest way to make a planned gift would be to include our name in your will or in your trust. You could also name us as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or a retirement plan. For those who live in the US, the name to include is “Monks of Norcia Foundation”; elsewhere, please include our Italian name: “Monastero di San Benedetto”.
Gifts of stocks and bonds are great tax incentives for donors. For information on how to make this kind of charitable gift to the Monks of Norcia, please contact our Development Office. If you have any questions, please call our office in the US at (515) 974-4253 or email our Director of Development at email@example.com.